Barramundi Seared on Himalayan Rock Salt Slab
INGREDIENTSJump to Recipe
- 1 6” x 8” Himalayan salt slab
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (6 oz) The Better Fish® Barramundi Skin-on Portion
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 6 heirloom cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- Pinch of Bull’s Blood microgreens
- 1 tablespoon roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
Jump to Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Rob Harbison, Food Fanatics Chef for US Foods Metro New York.
Pre-heat the Himalayan salt slab in the oven at 450℉ for 30 minutes.
Season the Barramundi and rub with olive oil and garlic.
Place the skin side down on heated salt slab, letting it sear for 1 to 2 minutes.
Turn the fish skin side up on the heated salt slab and garnish with pumpkin seeds and heirloom tomatoes. Let it sear in the oven for 3 minutes.
Remove from oven and place the fish and salt slab on a heat-resistant surface. Finish with additional olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Garnish with Bull’s Blood microgreens.