Spanish Style Baked Barramundi
INGREDIENTSJump to Recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for serving
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, cut into thin rounds and separated into rings
- 6 garlic clove, smashed
- ½ cup pimiento stuffed Spanish olives, slice
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika, dulce or smoked
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 oz The Better Fish® Barramundi Skinless Fillets, thawed
- 6-8 sprigs oregano and thyme
- lemon wedge fresh, for serving
- baby arugula or other tender leafy green, for serving
- potato roasted, for serving on the side
- parsley, for garnish
Basque Country flavors blend with naturally buttery Barramundi. Spanish cuisine is known for its use of red peppers like pimiento and red bell pepper, olives and olive oil, fresh herbs, onion, and garlic—all of which are found in this flavor-packed dish: Spanish Style Baked Barramundi. Recipe, food styling and photography by Lindsey Johnson.
Preheat oven to 400℉. Use a little of the olive oil to lightly grease the inside of a 3-quart casserole pan.
Arrange half of the bell peppers, onions, garlic, and olives on the bottom of the casserole dish.
Season both sides of the Barramundi fillets with the paprika and a good pinch each sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place on top of the veggies and olives. Arrange half of the herb sprigs on top.
Place the remaining peppers, onions, garlic, and olives over the top of the fish. Season with a little more salt and pepper. Add the remaining herb sprigs. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the top. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Place in oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until fish is cooked through and veggies are tender.
Let cool slightly and serve with fresh greens, roasted potatoes, and garnish with lemon wedges and fresh parsley. Add an extra drizzle of olive oil, if desired.