Barramundi with Tomatoes and Olives
INGREDIENTSJump to Recipe
- 12 oz The Better Fish® Barramundi Simply Skinless fillets, thawed
- 2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 1.5 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¼ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Warm up with our savory and aromatic Barramundi that’s simmered with tomatoes, white wine, and olives. Recipe and food styling by Simon Andrews, photography by David Malosh.
Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper and set aside. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or enamel pot over medium heat. Cook shallot, garlic, and chili flakes for 4 minutes or until onion has softened.
Add tomatoes, oregano, olives and butter and cook for about 4 minutes or until tomatoes have softened. Add the white wine to the mixture.
Add fish and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 8 minutes, covered, or until fish is cooked through and sauce has thickened slightly.
Once the fish is done, give it a few stirs. Don’t be afraid to break the fish apart. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle parsley and serve immediately.