Blackened Barramundi with Mango-Avocado Salsa
INGREDIENTSJump to Recipe
- 12 oz The Better Fish® Barramundi Skinless Fillets, thawed
- blackened seasoning to coat
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or olive
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1-2 jalapeño pepper or serrano chile, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- juice of ½ lime
- steamed rice for serving (optional)
We’re in love with this flavor combination: blackened Barramundi and mango-avocado. It’s perfect for a fun summer potluck with your besties. Recipe and photos by Linda Schneider.
Combine salsa ingredients in a bowl. Toss with lime juice and salt. Set aside.
Pat Barramundi fillets dry with paper towels. Sprinkle both sides of fillets with your preferred blackening seasoning to evenly coat. Shake off any excess.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the fillets and cook 3-4 minutes until blackened. Flip and cook another 2 minutes. Cook in batches as needed.
Remove from heat and rest.
Serve fish topped with mango salsa.
Serve with steamed rice, quinoa or tortillas (as tacos!), if desired.