How to Roast Fish Straight From the Freezer
Did you know that you can roast frozen fish? Who knew that such little effort can come out so perfectly! Watch this video to learn how to cook fish from its frozen state perfectly with Chef Nicole Gaffney.
Coley’s Tips for Roasting
- Pre-heat your oven to 425℉.
- Remove The Better Fish® Barramundi from its vacuum packaging and run it under cold water to remove the protective layer of ice. Pat dry.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking and easier cleanup. This part is optional, but highly recommended.
- You can roast either skinless or skin-on fish, but make sure to place the skin side down if it has it.
- When roasting from frozen, cook for 20-25 minutes. When roasting fresh or thawed fish, cook 15 minutes.
- The fish will be done once it’s completely opaque and flakes easily.
Size matters: larger pieces of fish will take longer to fully cook through, while smaller pieces will take less. If roasting multiple pieces at a time, try to make sure that they’re about the same size.
SIDE DISH INSTRUCTIONS
In a large pan, heat oil over medium.
Add spinach and toss often, cook just until wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
Serve immediately with roasted Barramundi.