Barramundi Carpaccio with Blood Orange
INGREDIENTSJump to Recipe
- 1 to 2 thai chilies, minced (depending on heat preference)
- 1 tablespoon shallots, thinly sliced into rounds
- 3 tablespoons rosé wine
- 4 teaspoons blood orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 24 oz The Better Fish® Barramundi Skinless Fillets, thawed and thinly sliced
- 2 blood oranges, segmented
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Mint, basil, tarragon, cilantro for garnish
Delight guests with a gemlike dish fit for royalty. You needn’t fly to the Riviera to partake in this simply composed stunner of a starter! A feast for the senses, this jewelbox of an appetizer, Barramundi Carpaccio with Blood Orange, is the perfect dish to pull out of your hat when you don’t feel inclined to stand over a hot stove. An added benefit: It also gives the impression that you worked harder and longer than you actually had to! Recipe, food styling and photography by Jenny Huang.
Combine, the first 6 ingredients, mix well.
Add the fish and orange segments, allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Serve with a few sprigs of each of the fresh herbs as garnish.